Classic culinary herb. Small round plant the leaves are needle-shaped with woody stems reaching heights of less than 10 inches. Thyme is served in many ethnic dishes around the world. Used to flavor soups marinated with rosemary and lemon zest. Thyme is also served with seafood dishes, chicken or red meat. The flavor of the herb is released as it is cooked slowly, making it a great herb for slow cooking meals. Thyme is considered to have been used by ancient Egyptians for mummification. Thyme was already known during biblical times.The plant contains essential oil, which is also found in oregano and hyssop, which has antiseptic features that helps the body faced pathogens.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 10-20
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Thyme was already known during biblical times.The plant contains essential oil, which is also found in oregano and hyssop, which has antiseptic features that helps the body faced pathogens.
|Germination Period||10-20 days|
|Days till maturity||50-70|
|Sowing Depth||5 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||20-40 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November, December|
Sow Thyme seeds in trays or pots 6-8 weeks prairie spring. Or sow the seeds directly into the ground, after there is no longer a chance of frost, the seeds will germinate between 10-20 days. Plant in full sun.