Black Eyed Pea Cowpea Seeds
Also known as Lobia. Pods can be eaten green or dehydrated and saved as dry beans. Despite the name black-eyed peas belong to the bean family. Strong root buds are a great method for fixing nitrogen in the soil. Black-eyed peas do not require special conditions that can grow without constant watering without it affecting the amount of fruit. Originated in India and cultivated in many regions across the globe for centuries. Named for the small black 'eye' where the bean is adjoined to the pod within the shell.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||V. unguiculata|
|Germination Period||5-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||1-2 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||10-20 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground with the arrival of spring after the soil has warmed. Can tolerant heat and drought, but not cold. Trellises are necessary for growing climbing beans.