Star Of David Okra Seeds
Israeli heirloom dark green color variety. Crunchy texture that is sweet and flavorful. The name is due to the shape of a Star of David that appears when slicing the okra. Quite a large pod variety that produces a large harvest. Very productive plant reaches a height of up to 2 meters, Harvest frequently when pods are no bigger than 6 cm.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 4-8
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Very productive plant reaches a height of up to 2 meters, Harvest frequently when pods are no bigger than 6 cm.
|Scientific Name||Abelmoschus esculentus|
|Germination Period||2-12 days|
|Days till maturity||60-70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||30-40 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground or prepare seedlings in advance. Transplant when the soil has warmed. Okra is tolerant to heat and drought, but not cold. It is better to harvest when the pods the size of 2 inches or else they become stringy. Make sure to pick constantly for a greater yield.