Landrace cultural and traditional culinary herb, known in the area for many generations coming from the Sandale village in the Jezreel Valley, the largest provider of Mulukhiyah, in the country and perhaps the world. Mulukhiyah dish is a stew consisting of Mulukhiyah, greens, and varying types of meat. Mulukhiyah is usually accompanied by white rice. Originated in Egypt where it is considered a national plant and is also recognized Israeli kitchen, both Palestinians and Egyptian Jewish kitchen.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 10-20
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Corchorus olitorius|
|Germination Period||2-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||4 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||30-40 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November, December|
Direct seeding, dispersal distance 20-30 cm, low watering conditions a little soil moisture, low humidity when germinating.