Egyptian Fava Bean Seeds
The world's most ancient testimony of fava bean was discovered growing around 10,200 years in Pre Neolithic sites of the Lower Galilee. In the sites were exposed large amounts of fava bean seeds. Fava beans had been cultivated in the Middle East before it spread to Western Europe. Fava or Broad beans have been found in the earliest human settlements. Remains are reported to have been found in Egyptian tombs.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 6-8
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Seeds in Garden Package||≈40|
|Scientific Name||Vicia faba L.|
|Germination Period||5-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||1-2 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||10-20 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground with the arrival of spring after the soil has warmed. Can tolerant heat and drought, but not cold. Trellises are necessary for growing climbing beans.