Fennel is a flowering plant in the Umbelliferae family. It is a perennial plant with yellow flowers and feathery leaves. Found on the shores of the Mediterranean basin, especially in dry land near the seashore and streams. It is a very aromatic and delicious species used in cooking, with a distinct taste of anise flavor typical of this family. The root, foliage and flowers are used in many culinary traditions across the world. The leaves are delicate, the root is crisp and can be fried, stews, grilled or fresh. Dried fennel fruit are used as an aromatic spice, flavored with anise and young leaves are used for decorations and salads.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 10-20
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Only %1 left
Starting at ₪12.00
|Scientific Name||Foeniculum vulgare|
|Germination Period||8-14 days|
|Days till maturity||60|
|Sowing Depth||0.5 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||20 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, September, October, November, December|
|Sowing Instructions||Cover the seeds with a very thin layer of soil. To improve germination, the seeds should be soaked in water 24 hours before sowing. Sow fennel in early fall when temperatures begin to drop.|
Write Your Own Review