Celery Root Seeds
A strain of open pollinated celery root variety cultivated in Israel. Celery is a biennial plant that originated in the Mediterranean, common wild plant growing in swamps. A nice fragrant and tall plants 50-70cm. Celery been cultivated as a vegetable since antiquity.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 20-30
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Apium garveloens|
|Germination Period||10-20 days|
|Days till maturity||80-100|
|Sowing Depth||3 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||30-40 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, September, October, November, December|
Celery is best started indoors 8-12 weeks before moving them out in early autumn. Cooled weather promotes high concentration of sugars, making the celery rich and tasty. Celery grows in rich, moist soil, full sun and slightly cooler climate.