Watermelon Crimson Sweet Seeds
Light green watermelon with dark stripes, Crimson watermelon is a productive watermelon that has a very high sugar content with a deep pink/red, fine textured flesh. This strain was developed by Charles V. Hall of the Kansas State University in 1963. Crimson arrived in Israel in the 1970s and quickly became the most widely accepted watermelon in Israel, replacing the popular Malali watermelon. Make sure that the vines have plenty of space to grow, Vines are resistant to fusarium disease. The seeds are small and dark.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Citrullus lanatus|
|Germination Period||4-10 days|
|Days till maturity||70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||1 m|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Watermelon has a tendency to stretch out and spread in many directions. Sow directly in the ground or germinate seedlings in plug tray. Move out after the ground has warmed. Prepare hills 40cm in diameter separated by two meters in any direction sow 6 seeds per hill. the seeds will germinate in 4-10 days.