Ha'ogen Melon Seeds
One of our favorite varieties a perfect combination of taste and texture made this melon to be one of the most beloved melons in the world. This melon was breed in kibbutz “Ha’ogen”, founded in 1939 by immigrants from Czechoslovakia. Thought to have originated in Hungary, but there is no conclusive proof of this. Beautiful and very fragrant, good yields of nearly 1-2 kg of Flavorful green flesh.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Beautiful and very fragrant, good yields of nearly 1-2 kg of Flavorful green flesh.
|Scientific Name||Cucumis melo|
|Germination Period||4-10 days|
|Days till maturity||80-90|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||80-90 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August|
When growing melon one has to consider that the vines have a tendency to spread and reaches long distances. Sow seeds directly in the ground or prepare transplant in advance. plant outside once spring arrived and the soil warmed up. Prepare hills separated by 40 cm in diameter by 2 meters in each direction, planted 4-6 seeds per hill, the seeds will germinate in about 4-10 days.