Little Gem Romaine Lettuce Seeds
Romaine lettuce, a dwarf type that is also called Little Gem. Small headed lettuce rich in flavor, very crisp leaves have no bitterness. Open-pollinated species cultivated in Israel. Lettuce is the most popular ancient salad vegetable enjoying a modern revival today. 15X10 cm head, adapted to an indoor and outdoor production, 65 days to harvest. Requires well-drained soil rich. Romaines slightly more tolerant to heat compared with other lettuce.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 10-20
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Lactuca sativa|
|Germination Period||5-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||3 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||30-40 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, September, October, November, December|
Sow directly in the ground, lettuce grows well in cool weather. Sow seeds in an interval of two weeks for continual harvest. Plant in full sun to partial shade.