Lacinato Kale Seeds
Italian heirloom breed, dates back to the eighteenth century. Known as the “Dinosaur” due to the texture of the leaves. Hardy and Highly resistant to the hot Mediterranean climate. Elongated leaf 7 cm width and 25-40 cm length. Blue-green color. Kale is an excellent source for antioxidants and is considered to be a “superfood”.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 6-10
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Hardy Blue-green colored Kale. Excellent flavor especially the younger leaves.
|Scientific Name||Brassica oleracea|
|Germination Period||5-12 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||6 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||40-50 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, September, October, November, December|
Prepare transplants in advance and plant them outdoors at early autumn when the temperature drops to about 20 degrees. Kale prefers low temperatures making for higher sugar concentration and thus more flavorful.