Chives Allium Onion Seeds
Chives have a more delicate onion aroma than other in the allium family. Usually snipped or chopped when fresh and typically used for decoration of stir-fried foods for extra color and delicate flavor. Frequently used for many dishes as a coating. The Chinese were the first to be documented using chives, 3000 BC. Chives are herbaceous perennial from the Allium family. Rises to a height of 20-30 cm. Chives contain allicin similar to onions and garlic. Allicin contributes to delaying the development of certain cancer cells, and reduce cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 20-30
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Allium schoenoprasum|
|Germination Period||6-18 days|
|Days till maturity||30-40|
|Sowing Depth||6 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||5-10 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, September, October, November, December|
Plant seedlings outdoors in early autumn, when the temperature drops to about 20 degrees. plant in rich and drained soil. Ready in 40-50 days.