Baladi Eggplant Seeds
“Baladi" (local) heirloom variety is well known around the country, and produces a very large aubergines weighing nearly 5 pounds. This type of eggplant is ribbed lengthwise, excellent for cooking and roasting. Great for growing in Mediterranean weather.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 4-8
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Eggplant varieties have long been appreciated in traditional communities in the Middle East and Mediterranean coast and was noted in the Mediterranean region in the Middle Ages.
|Scientific Name||Solanum melongena|
|Sowing Depth||8 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||40-60 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
It’s recommended to prepare transplants. Eggplants are sensitive to low temperatures, sow seed in spring, when the soil has warmed. Plant in full sun. Using ground cover could accelerate the growth process.