Shmshon Cucumber Seeds
Apart of its delicious flavor the name of this cucumber “Shmshon” was given do to its unusual strength an Israeli heritage breed from 1965. (“Samson The Hero” a judge of the ancient Israelites mentioned in the Hebrew Bible Book of Judges chapters 13 to 16).
Bred by the late Ezra Gallon professor at Weizmann Institute. Gallon studied the physiological and genetic control of sex determination in cucumber plants, his research led to the development of new varieties of cucumbers, some of them are grown up to this day. Fruit size varies between 12-15 cm when it is ready to harvest.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Cucumis sativus|
|Germination Period||5-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||60-80 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground or prepare transplant in advance. Move outdoors once spring arrives and the soil has warmed up. Cucumbers can be trellised but you're not bound to do so. Take into account that vines have a tendency to spread and reache many distances.