Red Russian Kale Seeds
Originally a Siberian Heirloom variety. Arrived to the US in 1885 by Russian merchants. Red Russian Kale can tolerate extreme cold of minus 23 degrees. Spectacular red stem color, blue-green leaves with a touch of purple. Very crisp, tastes great especially the younger leaves. An excellent source of antioxidants, kale is considered to be a “super food”.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 6-10
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Only %1 left
Starting at ₪12.00
An excellent source of antioxidants, kale is considered to be a “super food”.
|Scientific Name||Brassica oleracea|
|Germination Period||5-12 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||6 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||40-50 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, September, October, November, December|
Prepare transplants in advance and plant them outdoors at early autumn when the temperature drops to about 20 degrees. Kale prefers low temperatures making for higher sugar concentration and thus more flavorful.
Write Your Own Review