Doya (Landrace) Faqqous Seeds
Landrace Faqqous-Doya variety, an ancient biblical cucumber, has been grown in the Holy Land for many generations. Pearl white color with fine hair on very thin skin. Faggous-Doya has no bitterness and the fruit is almost always used without peeling. Harvest once fruit reaches 15-20 cm size. Faqqous-Doya is a snake melon (cucumis melo Flexuosus). Modern cucumber was brought to Israel more recently via Egypt and India. Egyptians are known to have been harvesting Fakos throw the Bronze Age. Today Fakos is cultivated in all countries of the Middle East and around the Mediterranean.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Cucumis melo L.|
|Germination Period||5-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||60-80 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground or prepare transplant in advance. Move outdoors once spring arrives and the soil has warmed up. Cucumbers can be trellised but you're not bound to do so. Take into account that vines have a tendency to spread and reaches many distances.