Baladi Okra Seeds
Local okra from the yezreel valley. Crisp pods with low moistness, impressive plant has a pink-velvet tinge around the edges of leaves and pods. Excellent for cooking stew, adding a wonderful reddish color per serving.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 4-6
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Abelmoschus esculentus|
|Germination Period||2-12 days|
|Days till maturity||60-70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||30-40 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground or prepare seedlings in advance. Transplant when the soil has warmed. Okra is tolerant to heat and drought, but not cold. It is better to harvest when the pods the size of 2 inches or else they become stringy. Make sure to pick constantly for a greater yield.