Marmande Tomato Seeds
Israel's most famous tomato! Anyone who grew up in Israel up to the 90’s ate this tomato frequently. "Isaiaho Arten" who studied in the Netherlands trade secrets and treatment for seeds established in 1924 the first commercial marketing of seeds. Artan brought Marmande tomato seeds to Israel. “Frieda Levy” Hephzibah 1964 - “I think, first seeds of Marmande tomatoes were sown in the Jordan Valley, the seeds were brought from the city of Marmande, France, which is the source of the name. Tomatoes Marmande was fitting to the requirements of the local market”.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
“Frieda Levy” Hephzibah 1964 - “I think, first seeds of Marmande tomatoes were sown in the Jordan Valley, the seeds were brought from the city of Marmande, France, which is the source of the name. Tomatoes Marmande was fitting to the requirements of the local market”.
|Scientific Name||Lycopersicum esculentum|
|Germination Period||6-14 days|
|Days till maturity||70-85|
|Sowing Depth||8 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||40-50 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August|
Prepare transplants. Tomatoes are sensitive to low temperatures, wait upon spring arrival when the soil has warmed to plant outdoors. Tomato plants must be supported it is necessary to trellises tomatoes, grow in full sun, using ground cover accelerates growth. 80 day for harvest.
"vining" tomatoes continue to set and ripen fruit throughout the growing season until frost kills the plants. Tomatoes need trellis support.