Lupinus Flower Seeds
Purple lupine is a flower of the legume family, Fabaceae. The genus includes over 200 species of which 7 species grow in Israel. The flowers have deep purple colors that blossom from February to May. Note that all parts of the plant are toxic! Soaking the seeds for 24 hours will encourage germination.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 8-14
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Lupinus polyphyllus|
|Germination Period||8-14 days|
|Days till maturity||70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||15 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, September, October, November, December|
|Sowing Instructions||Direct sowing in the soil as soon as autumn arrives and temperatures have dropped below 18 degrees. Prefers partial shade. Plants seed themselves.|