East Mediterranean Sage Seeds
The East Mediterranean sage has been used in folk medicine since the days of the Romans. Sage is mentioned in the context of medical use in the biblical Assaf Harofeh's book. A bushy plant that reaches a height of about one meter with green velvet-white leaves. Another name for East Mediterranean sage is the “Three Lobed Sage” due to the composition of three part leaf. Grows naturally in the Mediterranean forest on land containing silicon. It is considered to be one of the most important medicinal herbs in the Middle East for problems such as abdominal pain and the digestive system in general. Can grow without irrigation, even during the hot summer months, a spectacular show of a flowering plant when spring comes, March-April.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 6-8
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Salvia fruticosa Mill|
|Germination Period||8-14 days|
|Days till maturity||60|
|Sowing Depth||0.5 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||40 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
|Sowing Instructions||Sow directly in the soil In early autumn, can be grown without irrigation provided husband, even in the hot summer months, spectacular flowering in March-April.|