Ananas Yoqne'am Melon Seeds
Ananas Yoqne’am was first cultivated by Natan Rabinovich, a Romanian-born resident of Yokneam, Israel. Rabinobivh had formal agricultural training in France. Rabinovich began producing melons commercially from his new breed around 1950 and do to its great taste quickly became the best melon in the market. Ananas Yoqne’am was cultivated from the traditional landrace melon that was grown locally at that time. Breed to be grown on dryland without irrigation.Seeds should be sown in early spring strive on residual moisture in the ground left from winter rains. Due to the excellent properties Ananas Yoqne’am melon is extensively used as sources of germplasm for the international Cucurbit manufacturing industry.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
Due to the excellent properties Ananas Yoqne’am melon is extensively used as sources of germplasm for the international Cucurbit manufacturing industry.
|Scientific Name||Cucumis melo|
|Germination Period||4-10 days|
|Days till maturity||80-90|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||80-90 cm|
|Sowing Months||February, March, April, May, June, July|
When growing melon one has to consider that the vines have a tendency to spread and reaches long distances. Sow seeds directly in the ground or prepare transplant in advance. plant outside once spring arrived and the soil warmed up. Prepare hills separated by 40 cm in diameter by 2 meters in each direction, planted 4-6 seeds per hill, the seeds will germinate in about 4-10 days.