Country Gentleman Corn Seeds
Country Gentleman is a very sweet corn and unusual because the white kernels are arranged irregularly, not in rows. This corn was developed around 1890 it's a very old variety. In fertile soils it can yield three cobs per stem, sometimes more and reach a height of 3 meters. This is a beautiful corn with a wonderful texture and taste, the corn ripens with a rich, sweet and milky taste excellent for making polenta. One of the sweetest and best heirloom corn varieties.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 20-30
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Zea mays|
|Germination Period||4-14 days|
|Days till maturity||70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||20 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground or prepare transplants and move out as spring arrives. Can be planted at the height of summer. It is recommended to plant in full sun, under a regime of deep and long watering, the roots go down very deep in the soil. Corn should be planted in blocks instead of in long rows to maximize pollination.