Black Beauty Eggplant Seeds
Israeli heirloom breed, very resilient to hot weather. A hardy plant that grows in almost all weather conditions. This variety produces a brilliant deep purple color fruit that weighs around 5 pounds, with a dozens of fruits for every plant. Expect a gorgeous bloom, especially beloved by bees. Hanka Lazarson lived in Beit Alfa: “At the beginning of April 1937 an Agricultural Research delegation came to us, led by Dr. S. Horowitz. We have been asked to start the selection and growing of Black Beauty eggplant. At the end of the season I sent the seeds to agricultural center in Hadera, to continue cultivation work”.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 4-6
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Solanum melongena|
|Germination Period||6-14 days|
|Days till maturity||70-85|
|Sowing Depth||8 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||40-60 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
מומלץ להכין שתילים. החצילים רגישים לטמפרטורות נמוכות, לכן יש לחכות לבוא האביב ולשתול בשמש מלאה כאשר הקרקע חמימה. שימוש בחיפוי קרקע יכול להאיץ את תהליך הגדילה.