Beit Alfa Cucumber Seeds
Bet Alfa Cucumber has great flavor and a juicy texture. This variety was bred and cultivated by Israeli horticulture expert Hanna Lazarson from Kibbutz Bet Alfa. In 1931 the breeding process began of the local Damascus cucumber that was grown in the region, a landrace variety was selected for better traits.
Hanna Lazarson 1964: “First we have set as a goal excessive uniformity of fruit shape, we observed that if the seeds chamber is greater relative to the thickness of the coat the cucumber flavor is juicier and finer.” Hanna Lazarson 1964: "Our main objectives are: produce variety, with excellent taste and high yields, these indicate the type we called Bet Alfa cucumber”.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 3-2
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Cucumis sativus|
|Germination Period||5-10 days|
|Days till maturity||55-70|
|Sowing Depth||1 cm|
|Sowing Intervals||60-80 cm|
|Sowing Months||March, April, May, June, July, August, September|
Sow directly in the ground or prepare transplant in advance. Move outdoors once spring arrives and the soil has warmed up. Cucumbers can be trellised but you're not bound to do so. Take into account that vines have a tendency to spread and reache many distances.