Alto Leek Seeds
Heirloom variety originally Bulgarian strain. Tall full size leek, fast growing cylindrical shaped thick stalk, upright dark green leaves. Best grown as a cool crop. Plant size 45-60 cm. Leek are natural to the Middle East. part of the Allium family. Leek have been maintained for more than 3,000 years, Egyptians referred to it as a sacred plant which highlighted many hieroglyphs. Leeks can be utilized for treatment of colds effects and relieve of high blood pressure.
- Select a full sunny sowing area
- Plan the amount of seeds according to 1 m² depending on the size of the area / vessel
- Number of seeds per square meter: 20-30
- Sowing depth is twice the size of the seed, 1-0.5 cm deep
- Keep soil moist until germination. (Not too wet)
- Watering once a day to once every three days (depending on the season)
- It is recommended to use compost and organic nutrients and microbes.
You can find more information on the website, good luck!
|Scientific Name||Allium porrum|
|Days till maturity||80-120|
|Sowing Depth||6 mm|
|Sowing Intervals||30-50 cm|
|Sowing Months||January, February, March, September, October, November, December|
Plant seedlings outdoors in early autumn, when the temperature drops to about 20 degrees. Add soil around the stem several times during growth to obtain a long white stalk. Ready in 80-120 days.